ECQA Certified Sustainability Manager - Leadership in Sustainability
"Become a real leader, the one with holistic view on the company, its stakeholders and environment"
- Strong motivation and interest in sustainability, leadership and management topics or at least some experiences
- basic sustainability knowledge.
- finished Foundation level (all learning elements)
- Responsible Managers and Directors of industrial, academic, and governmental organisations
- Designers and Managers of products, services and/or processes
- Master and PhD Students
Not sure if on-line learning is right for you?
Please check the details about e-learning platform and process here. Still not sure: Check out the preview ot he e-learning platform: Preview
After completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- empower organizations to become leaders in sustainability
- develop and improve ecologic, economic, and social responsibility aspects in organizational and system levels
- contribute to capacity building in sustainability
- [ UNIT 1 ] UNDERSTANDING SUSTAINABILITY
- 1. Dimensions of Sustainability – Ecology, Economy, and Society (Foundation level)
- 2. Relevant Standards and Norms (Foundation level)
- [ UNIT 2 ] TECHNICAL RESOURCE EFFICIENCY MANAGEMENT
- 1. Resource Efﬁciency and Cleaner Production Methodology (RECP) (Foundation level)
- 2. RECP Water Efﬁciency Management (Advanced level)
- 3. RECP Energy Efﬁciency Management (Advanced level)
- 4. RECP Materials & Waste Management(Advanced level)
- [ UNIT 3 ] SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- 1. Introduction to Social Responsibility (Foundation level)
- 2. Stakeholder Involvement (Advanced level)
- 3. Social Impact Assessment (Foundation level)
- [ UNIT 4 ] SUSTAINABILITY AND ECO-DESIGN
- 1. Life Cycle Concepts (Foundation level)
- 2. Eco-Design and Sustainability (Advanced level)
- 3. Life Cycle Assessment (Foundation level)
- 4. Life Cycle Costing(Advanced level)
- [ UNIT 5 ] MANAGEMENT FOR SUSTAINABILITY
- 1. Innovation for Sustainability (Foundation level)
- 2. Business Model Innovation for Sustainability (Foundation level)
- 3. Design for a sustainable Value Chain (Advanced level)
- 4. Strategic Sustainability Management (Foundation level)
- 5. Deployment of Sustainability in the Organisation (Advanced level)
- 6. Leadership in Sustainability (Foundation level)
- 7. Communication Challenges for Sustainability(Advanced level)
There are 3 levels of the certifications for ECEUPM: Foundation, Advanced and Trainer. More info here.
We provide several alternatives of the on-line training. All alternatives allow self-study using presentations, videos, examples, templates, tests and practical assignments.
| Package / Feature||1. Exam only* || 2. Self-study online learning + exam + certificate**|
(what is this?)
| 3. Online learning with tutor support|
+ exam + certificate
(what is this?)
|4. Live training|
+ exam + certificate
| Access to e-learning platform||no||yes||yes||yes |
| Access to presentations||no||yes||yes||yes |
| Access to examples, templates, assignments||no||yes||yes||yes |
| Access to sample exam questions||no||yes||yes||yes |
| Access to online live sessions with the tutor (3 sessions on-demand, max 1 hr/session)||no||no||yes||yes |
| Access to individual help / consulting of the expert tutor||no||no||yes||yes |
|Live training (3 full days in 3 weeks) || no|| no|| no|| yes|
| Price of the training||-||60,00 €||260,00 €|| 732 €|
|Price of the online exam and certification (1st attempt)|| 232,00 € || 232,00 € || 232,00 € || 232,00 € |
|All-in-one package price (including online training, online exam and certificate = -10% of total price) || 232,00 € ||263,00 €||443,00 €|| 868,00 €|
* any kind of training is a prerequisite for exam
** the price is the same for Foundation and Advanced level
Schedule and time needed to complete the course
Online training is a 6-week course (on average), available from anywhere. Depending on the previous knowledge, you will have to invest 8-16 hours per learning element. There are 11 learning elements for foundation level and 9 for advanced level.
You will have the access to the platform for 3 months.
Any modern computer, tablet or smartphone is appropriate. The participant needs a web browser and internet connection. In case of tutor support, headset is required.
Online study starts the next day after the application and settling the invoice.
Any PC (Windows, Mac) with webcam, microphone and latest Flash and webcam drivers. Please check compatibility of your PC well before exam using SoftwareSecure System check (select BICERO as exam org.).
Training and certification process
1. Apply for the online training here.
2. You will receive the invoice. Settle the invoice. Payment methods: Wire transfer or Paypal. If you will pay with Paypal, you can do it here:
3. Complete on-line training. The preview of the e-learning platform is available here: Preview 4. Apply for the exam here.
5. Perform the exam.
Join like-minded people and network in our LinkedIn group. Let's build the professional network together!
Do you like this course or want to share the link to this page on FB?
Do you want to join our FB page to get interesting news, tips&tricks and "hacks"?
ECSM course is a result of LeadSUS project (EU project LLP-LDV-TOI, 2013-2015).