TeachSUS (Teaching and educating for Sustainability)
Erasmus+ Programme – Strategic Partnership
Project number: 2018-1-RO01-KA204-049253
1. 12. 2018 - 30. 11. 2020
- Teaching and educating for Sustainability Manager
- Universitatea de vest din Timisoara, ROMANIA
- DENKSTATT ROMANIA SRL, Timișoara, ROMÂNIA
- Universitatea „Politehnica” din Timișoara, ROMANIA
- BICERO Ltd, Fram, Slovenia
- Legjobb Vagyok Tehetsegmentoralo Kozhasznu, Budapest, HUNGARY
- Fundacao da Juventude, Porto, PORTUGAL
The general objective of the project is to create a common new non-formal education structure for sustainability in order to enable institutions and organizations involved in education and adult training / professional development from all over Europe to plan learning experiences that empower their students / beneficiaries to develop and evaluate alternative visions of a sustainable future and to work creatively with major stakeholders from economic sector in order to assure the practical link between education for sustainability and real economy / community needs.
- A new learning methodology for sustainability, developed through cooperation and exchange of practice between teachers / trainers and staff responsible for support services at different educational levels, in that way that suite the most for the market necessity, made available as open / digital resource.
- A new course, and accompanying learning materials and tools for adult learners created, that will bring more insights for those which train sustainability or only specific concepts thought their education series, translated in partners and English languages for broad dissemination; >60 students trained online in the project period.
- Flexible digital resource created, which could add value to any type of training methods within universities or high schools which should integrate topics about sustainability.
- Capacity of project partners to address education for sustainability increased trough train of trainer’s common session, with 20 beneficiaries.
- A network of tree Excellence Sustainability Centers created in Romania, Hungary and Portugal, where coaching methods and tools for adult learners will be brought into a suitable place for the non-formal education by experts coming from private companies to coach, tutor other trainers from other institutions/organization.
- More than 15000 persons informed using broad dissemination of project vision/objectives and future results assured at local, national and European level through different media (web-based, conferences, interviews, social Medias, events etc.).
- More than 20 company representatives involved in the first Sustainability Excellence Centre workshop / country.
Sustainable Excellence Centres in Romania, Hungary and Portugal, will gather together higher education institutions, private companies, NGOs and consultancy companies. Sustainability excellence centres will create an interesting structure to sustain collaboration between stakeholders from various domains on sustainability. Each centre will provide information, guidance, coaching and counselling activities made with trainers and tutors coming from private company areas and NGO's. Sustainability Centres will organize LivingLab events on sustainability issues and presentations of new technologies and green businesses examples. The Sustainability excellence centres will also gather private companies, universities and NGOs to sustain a HUB where youth trainers will be encouraged to learn.
The new ITC online learning platform will assure Improvement of the accessibility of learners and trainers to new training modern structure and methodology, which they can adopt into their teaching series (no matter which curricula they teach), giving the possibility to integrate sustainability subjects into other theme like economical area or geography/geology or even chemistry, etc.
TeachSUS - Project based learning GUIDE will give input to those who want to connect learning with real-life and develop XXI century abilities in their students – Project Based Learning, Service Learning and other interactive and integrative teaching strategies and tools to approach curriculum trough sustainable development issues.
- Adults - teachers, trainers, mentors - from institutions/organizations involved in education, in adult / professional / youth training – they need a larger perspective about education as a whole, to understand the simplicity and complexity of sustainability. Teachers need new approaches in transferring know-how and developing attitudes towards environmental and social topics.
- Students from universities who aims to become teachers, HR resource specialists/managers; they need new methodology /tools to help them become future efficient professionals in education and HR/ management professions.
- NGOs employees.