1. First things first
"Digital transformation is impossible without establishing business processes first."
If you are thinking about the digital transformation of your company, you can not just start with the programming of the mobile app. Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts. There are a lot of things which must happen before actual software development. We suggest and can guide you along the following path:
1. You have to establish solid business processes. Identify, draw, document them. Focus on UX (User eXperience) processes. Learn more here >>
2. You have to align your digital transformation idea with the company's strategy. To learn more about this see chapter 2.
3. You have to enhance your processes descriptions with data, user interfaces, business rules and similar. To learn more about this see chapter 3.
4. You have to analyse new information technologies and plan your IT infrastructure. Cloud or local IT systems? To learn more about this see chapter 4.
2. Align your idea with your organisation's strategy
"Adapt your organisation's vision, strategy and goals first, or your digital transformation efforts will fail."
Do you want to align your business goals with information and communication technology?
We can help you, see the example of aligning business (company) goals with IT strategy:
Business Goal - example
(You provide us)
Improve customer satisfaction with our services.
Related IT Goals - examples
(We suggest you)
Ensure Customer Service Representative systems store all customer data one click away.
Ensure Customer Service Representative systems are fast.
Related IT Strategy - examples
(We suggest you)
Implement and utilize multi-user Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) with central user database with event history.
Improve performance of CRM system (network optimization, application optimization, caching, network compression,... ).
3. Design of the IT solution
"Pre-requirement for the digital transformation is a solid IT architecture."
When you start to build your custom made information system, you have to analyse your business thoroughly.
Requirements for the information system should be agreed and analysed. The architecture of the new information system should be designed. User interfaces and mockups should be designed. Information entities and relations should be agreed.
Only after these phases implementation should begin. Those early phases are needed if you want to get the information system that suits your needs.
Let us help you gather requirements, analyse and design the solution.
4. Plan & Design of the IT infrastructure
"Choosing the right IT infrastructure is not an art, but a result of organisation's needs analysis."
Which ICT infrastructure is the best for your size of the company? Should you buy or lease ICT hardware and software?
You put all of your energy into your core business and you don't have time to follow and study all the new information technologies which appear every day. Many of new information technologies can improve your business, make employees work easier, more productive and faster. The real problem is, how to distinguish value adding computer tools from marketing hype.
For example, do you feel a little bit lost, when you hear three-letter acronyms like ERP, CRM, SOA, BPM, BAM, ... ?
You don't have to - let us save your valuable time and analyse the usability of new information technologies for your business.
When you start a new business or you want to improve existing one, you have to think about your information technology needs. You also have to align information systems and infrastructure strategy with the company's business strategy. Investments in your information technology represents greatcost, therefore you should be decided wisely, where are you putting your money.
We can help you answer the technology-related questions, for example:
- Which server strategy should your company choose? Should you buy our own servers, use virtualization or should we lease computing cloud capabilities?
- Which operating system to choose? Open source (Linux/Ubuntu/...) or commercial available (Microsoft Windows)?
- Which office productivity system - OpenOffice, Microsoft Office, Google Apps?
- Which back-office system? Microsoft Exchange, Linux POP/SMTP server or hosted solution?
- Which technology for company's web site and intranet ? Microsoft Sharepoint, Open-source CMS systems (Typo, Joomla, ..), Google Sites or 3rd party hosted solution?
- Which ERP system? OpenERP, Compiere, SAP, EPICOR iSCALA, Microsoft Navision or custom made?
- Which CRM system ? SalesForce, Microsoft CRM, Sugar CRM,...?
- Which LMS (Learning Management System)? Moodle, BlackBoard, TalentLMS, ...?
- Which BPM (Business Process Management System)? Bonita BPM, IBM, Appian, ...?
Our tutorial video: How to design IT infrastructure using DRAW.IO
Which are the trade-offs choosing different IT strategy?
"After following all of the steps above, you are ready to choose the system integrator and a software development company. They will appreciate the blueprints (models, plans and analyses) and build the IT system that fits your needs."
Let us help you on your journey to digital transformation. Contact us.
Not ready to apply just yet?
Then why don't you subscribe to our newsletter and receive occasional news, tips&tricks?
By subscribing to our newsletter or on our online/live courses, you trust us your data. We will protect your data according to GDPR.