ECQA Certified Business Process Manager forHigher Education Institutions
- 6 weeks access to online clasroom.
Material and exam language:
Your time investment:
- 2-8 hours per week.
- 5 lessons,
- 5 practical assignments evaluate by an expert,
- 5 handbooks (presentation + notes, 20-40 pages per study unit), which can be also dowloaded as PDF,
- 7 introductory texts,
- 5 audios,
- 12 short practice test (3-5 questions each).
- Certificate of the online clasroom attendance (a prerequisite for the final ECQA exam).
- ECQA certificate (after successfully passing the exam).
- After completion of this course, participants will be able to identify and improve HEI processes.
- Access to online classroom is possible via PC (browser), smartphone (Android and IOS app), tablet or smartTV.
Employees in higher education institutions and training organisations, such as:
- HEI managers, training organisation managers, administrators, teachers, professors, researchers, process owners, business developers, CxO.
- Graduate or postgraduate students of management.
- Strong motivation and interest in BPM, HEI processes.
- Basic management knowledge.
- Employees in higher education and other educational istitusions have usually limited insight in business processes. For example: researchers and lecturers are less familiar with management processes and vice versa.
- In today's time the financing of public funds in higher education institutions is decreasing. That why it is important that they are organized similarly that companies on the market. This means that some processes must also be similar: e.g. marketing and sales activities, acquiring students, full consideration of students, after-sales activities, etc.
- With your participation in education, you gain a wider insight into the functioning of your educational institution and can contribute to its better functioning.
1. On-line clasroom.
2. In your company. Live courses for closed groups are available on demand all over EU. If you're interested please contact us.
3. Live training. BICERO Ltd. is local training provider for Slovenia. For other training providers, please visit ECQA page.
Live trainings are regularly performed in Ljubljana, Slovenia, CPU-GZS (National chamber of commerce). For other locations, please contact us.
See more info here (in Slovenian language).
Any modern computer, tablet or smartphone is appropriate (for studying). The participant needs a web browser and internet connection. For assignments preparation, Office software package (text editor and spreadsheet editor) is required. In the case of tutor support, the headset is required.
The online study starts the next day after the application and settling the invoice.
Any PC (Windows, Mac) with a webcam, microphone and latest Flash and webcam drivers. Please check compatibility of your PC well before exam using SoftwareSecure System check (select BICERO as exam organization).
Unit 1. Element 0. Introduction to BPM in HEIs
Unit 1. Element 1. Teaching processes
- Course planning
- Course preparation
- Course implementation
- Course evaluation
- Thesis Supervision and Examination procedure
Unit 1. Element 2. Studying processes
- Preparation for the study
- Career development
Unit 1. Element 3. Research processes (preview available here)
- Establish research environment
- Conducting the research
- Dissemination of the research results
Unit 1. Element 4. Development processes
- Programme development
- Curricula development support
- Double degree/Joint degree programmes
- Export of programmes (transnational programmes)
- General development of the institution
Unit 1. Element 5. Management and supporting processes
- Strategic management
- Human resource management and habilitation support
- Quality management
- IT management
- Alumni management & support
- Teaching support
- Graduation support
- Innovation and IPR management
- Marketing and event management
- Project management
- LifeLong Learning
- Teacher, student and staff mobility
Self-study on-line learning:
- without exam and certificate: 99€
- with exam and certificate: 298€
On-line learning with tutor support:
- without exam and certificate: 260€
- with exam and certificate: 443€
Exam (foundation and advanced):
- On-line: 190€+VAT
Access prolongation (after the access expires):
- 40€/month (after 6 weeks)
We accept payments:
- Bank account
3. Access to on-line clasroom
4. Exam and certification
The examination is limited to 3 hours.
After exam you receive ECQA certificate.
What do you get with a certificate?
After successful completion of the training, case study and exam, you will receive ECQA certificate. The exam proves your competence in process knowledge in HEI.
Last but not least - the certificate raises your value on the labor market. Getting a certificate is optional - for those who want more.
The certificate belongs to the group of certificates of informal lifelong education at the EU level.
You receive the basic certificate when you prepare/pass a case study and pass the exam successfully.
The certificate is issued by independent EU body: ECQA (European Certification and Qualification Association).
It is also possible to upgrade to the second level of the certificate (Manager), which is obtained through the training of ECQA Certified Business Process Manager.
1. Q: How much time do I have to dedicate to the course?
A: It depends on your background. On average, 10-12 hrs are needed to finish one learning element (of 11). Slightly more, if you decide to finish practical assignments.
2. Q: What kind of questions can I expect on the ECQA exam?
A: Examples of multiple-choice questions in each lesson gives you a good insight into exam questions.
3. Q: Can I download and print the materials for later usage?
A: Of course, the materials are available in PDF form, too.
4. Q: How long do I have the access to the e-learning platform?
A: 6 weeks after registration.
5. Q: Is it possible to extend the access after the expiration?
A: Yes, extension of the access is possible. Extension fee is 40€/month.
6. Q: How online mentoring works?
A: On-demand. The participant prepares questions and issues and informs the mentor. Afterwards, online session (e.g. using Skype) is held.
7. Q: What if I fail the ECQA exam?
A: Please check the Examination and certification FAQ>>.
Statistics and participant testemonials
Since 2013 we have educated:
- Slovenia+EU: over 150 participants
Research & Development processes module:
- "Assignments are very practical, easy to understand, and require sufficient scientific knowledge."
- "Everything was ok. Everything we had to do was explained properly."
- "It was systematically very good structured."
- "Nice materials. I appreciate the links."
Studying processes module:
- "I find it great to have a webinar recording, so we can hear and read all the materials."
- "Thanks for the very thought provoking and interesting questions and material."
- "Studying processes in a streamlined and well defined model. Very useful."
- "I can learned and this material used at my work."
- "It is very well thought and designed."
Teaching processes module:
- "The presentation was clear, properly emphasizing the key issues related to the teaching processes. I enjoyed it!"
- "Everything was great. Everything we had to make was easy to understand and to write our opinion."
- "I found all the processes and discussion regarding teaching processes very useful."
- "Handout material together with discussion forum broadened my horizon on this key particular key process area and made me enquire internally in our university teaching processes since I am not closely related to the area as a student billing accountant."
- "You have started nice discussions in forums. Thanks!"
Management processes module:
- "It was very useful to get insight of all the processes and clear distinction of managerial and supporting processes."
- "Excelent slides, handouts, and forum moderation. Thanks!"
- "Thank you for your efforts to familiarize participants in details with process groups of management and supporting elements. This platform makes me feel more engaged in a few business processes and belonging to our institution."
- "Excellently mapped and designed -thank you for the material and questions - helped us a lot."
Latest participants of our online course come from: Poland, Lithuania, Slovenia, Austria, Portugal.
Join like-minded people and network in our LinkedIn group. Let's build the professional network together!
More info about the project
HEI-UP team has won "Special Award – The best innovative project (BPM Summit EE 2013)"
Our international project team has won "Special Award – The best innovative project (BPM Summit EE 2013)" for our HEI-UP project (Improvement of BPM in Higher Education Institutions).
The award means our 2-year work is recognized by experts in this field. This recognition will surely give our project another boost - in the terms of the dissemination and attracting future attendees to the course we've developed.
HEI-UP Consortium: Slovenia (BICERO Ltd, DOBA Faculty), Bulgaria (AUBG), Lithuania (WLBC), Poland (SZSWBC) and Austria (IMC FH Krems, ISCN)
The BPM Eastern Europe Summit 2013 is a conference for researchers and practitioners in the field of Business Process Management (BPM) in Eastern Europe. The conference was attended by representatives of leading BPM solution providers, consulting firms, main players in the industry - suppliers and users - and analysts from various companies involved in BPM programs.
Hungry for more?
Level-up your skills in BPM methodology (identification, modelling, documenting, optimising processes):
Not ready to apply just yet?
Then why don't you subscribe to our newsletter and receive occasional news, tips&tricks related to EU project management?
If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to ask us. You can fill out the questionar and/or contact us. We are happy to help you.